The purpose of SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes is to create enhanced opportunities for people with and without disabilities to interact and form lasting bonds of friendship through shared sports and recreational activities in their community.
Teams may be made up of athletes with developmental disabilities, families, friends, and others who want to play on inclusive teams. We are also working closely with a number of community partners, including:
- San Diego Park & Recreation Department - Therapeutic Recreation Services
- The Arc of San Diego
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center
- American Youth Soccer Organization
- Down Syndrome Association San Diego
- San Diego Police Officer's Association
SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Who we serve
SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes serves San Diego County athletes with developmental disabilities as well as their friends and families, ages 5 through adult.
Besides San Diego County, S4EA has affiliate programs in Montebello, Temecula, Torrance and Ventura.
I practice hard. I do my best. . .
I play with Pride. . . You'll be impressed!
We are SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes.
How You Can Help
SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes is a volunteer-based, community-wide program that needs your help:
- To serve as coach, event organizer, fund-raiser, sports official, or other worker.
- To provide sports facilities, equipment, meals, and other in-kind services.
- To provide operating funds for the SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes program here in San Diego County. SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (ID # 20-8886536). Contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
- Check out many ways to support S4EA at no cost to you
- Or donate to us directly
Please call us at (858)565-S4EA (7432) for more information. Thanks!